Remember, as a member of a cooperative, if we make a profit on our long distance, you will receive the benefit in your year end capital credit check!! If you choose to switch from your current long distance carrier to West Carolina Long Distance, we will pay the carrier change fee. If rates are lowered, the new rate will be applied automatically – You don’t have to call our office to request the lower rate and we won’t have to call to bother you. West Carolina Long Distance offers 3 plans and our business rates are the same as our residential rates (with the exception of NationLink, which is not available to business customers).
- 6 cents per minute – any day, any time, in state or out of state, anywhere within the United States.
- There is a $4.95 per month charge.
- Designed for the high volume caller that has done the math (see above) and has determined that the 8 cent per minute plan is the right choice.
- There are still no monthly minimums or “recovery” charges.
- Charges will be on your West Carolina Tel bill (single bill)
Piedmont Link Area Calling Plan
- Piedmont Link is an area calling plan that gives you 500 minutes of calling in the 864 area for only $20.00 per month.
- Calls that exceed the 500 minutes are only 8 cents per minute.
- 8 cents per minute – any day, any time, in state or out of state, anywhere within the United States.
- There is no monthly fee.
- No monthly minimum (typically $5.00 – $10.00).
- No other monthly charges like Universal Service Charge, Carrier Line Charge and other “recovery” charges some other companies levy.
- Long distance charges will be on your West Carolina Tel bill (single bill).
NationLink Calling Plan
- Never watch the clock, sit and wait for your rates to change or wait for your “night minutes” or “weekend minutes” to start.
- And, unlike VoIP (Voice Over Internet), NationLink works along with your local service, so you’ll still be able to use 911.
- NationLink can be used from any phone in your home so everyone in your family can use it.
The NationLink plan is available for residential customers. If West Carolina determines that usage under this plan is not consistent with the typical residential customer usage, the customer will be offered an alternative plan. Monthly usage in excess of 150% of the average subscriber on this plan will be considered not typical residential usage.
This service is intended for person-to-person conversation or voice messages only. It is not to be used to place calls to online data services or Internet services.
The plan does not cover multi-party conference calls, calls to 900 numbers, directory assistance, calling card, operator services, international calling and incoming toll-free calling services.
Call detail is not on the bill for this plan but is available for an additional cost of $3 per month.
The minimum contract period for this service is one month.
All pricing excludes taxes and surcharges.